Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Galadima defends CAF nomination

FORMER chairman of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), Ibrahim Galadima, has described his nomination to contest the CAF executive committee seat vacated by Amos Adamu as an act of God.

Adamu has been suspended from all football activity for the next three years by FIFA for his part in the cash-for-vote scandal following a sting operation by a British tabloid.

Adamu has since launched an appeal in a bid to clear his name, but the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) promptly nominated Gala-dima to contest his seat at next year's CAF elections.

“This is the work of God. I am humbled because there are so many Nigerians who are more quali-fied than me for the opportunity,” Galadima told SuperSport.com.

The former chairman of the Kano Pillars said he could have been in the CAF committee much earlier but decided to be patient.

“During my tenure as NFA chairman, our board had the prerogative to select a candidate for the post. If I wanted to be selfish, my name would have been put forward.

"We decided to be prudent about the whole thing and Dr (Amos) Adamu was nominated instead. So my nomination was divine because I see it as something God had destined to happen at some stage in my life,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis