Tuesday, April 30, 2013

‘I Planned Fuel Station Robbery’- Station Manager

A petrol station manager, Adewale Ilesanmi, 33, has allegedly confessed to the police in Lagos, southwest Nigeria, how he arranged with a robbery gang to snatch his employer’s N4,635,000 from a female supervisor on her way from their filling station to the bank to lodge the money.

He allegedly revealed this in his confessional statement to the police after the robbery operation in which he was to have a share of the loot.

Ilesanmi is the manager in charge of Golden Super filling station, a division of Golden Super Nigeria Limited at Alakuko area of Ojokoro, Lagos.

He allegedly recruited a 3-man robbery gang to snatch the N4,635,000. He was alleged to have planned the operation with the three motorcycle robbery suspects now at large at a beer parlour within the area.

They struck a few days later. Though the robbers succeeded in snatching the money after they allegedly battered the Supervisor identified as Mary Adegoke and inflicted injury on her jaw, nemesis caught up with Ilesanmi who was arrested.

After a preliminary investigation at a police station in the area, he was transferred to the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, FSARS, Adeniji Adele, Lagos Island, where he allegedly confessed that he was involved in the robbery incident.

In his alleged confessional statement to the police, Ilesanmi allegedly said: “I planned the robbery attack with Kolabo, Fasaban and another person whom I know to be robbers, and I told them to double cross our vehicle along the road on the day of the incident on our way to the bank to lodge the money with a directive that they should beat us and collect the money from the supervisor and escape.

“But I was surprised that they wounded the woman without touching me.

“The fleeing robbers had agreed to give me N1.5 million if they succeed, but I am surprised that they escaped with the money without bordering to look for me.

“I read English Language at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, and graduated in 2009 and my boss has been kind to me since I started working with him as manager.I regret my action against my boss who has been kind to me.”

He was charged to court and the prosecutor Supol. Charles Odii said his offence contravenes the Robbery and Firearms (Special Provisions) act Cap R11, laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.

The plea of the accused was not taken after the prosecutor presented an application for the remand of the accused in prison custody pending the advice from the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecution, DPP, on the matter.

The presiding magistrate ordered that the accused be remanded in prison custody pending the DPP’s advise.

She adjourned the matter till 6 June, 2013 for mention.



Follow GistaNigeria on Twitter @GistaNigeria and Facebook GistaNigeria

Jokes & Humour | Free Forex Signals | Infotech Arena Tech News |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis