Saturday, May 18, 2013

I paid N2,700.000 for triplets, says victim of baby factory

A baby delivery syndicate was recently unearthed by the Police and a key suspect arrested and paraded in Lagos, alongside two other women who were believed to have paid certain sums of money respectively, to be delivered of babies.

Some of the pregnant teens.Forty three years old Joy Ibe who lives at Ajah area of Lagos, said she has been married for 18 years without any issues, a dilemma that prompted her to run up and down seeking for fruit of the womb, until she came in contact with a Port Harcourt based 50- year old woman identified as Oby George, who was noted for helping women deliver babies after paying an agreed amount of money to her.



Joy told news men how she met Oby, and what followed after that: “one of my neighbours visited Nigeria and heard about Oby, after she travelled back to the Unites States, she text me Obi’s number and asked me to contact her if I am interested.

I called up Oby and told her my problems, she gave me her address to come and meet her in Port-Harcourt. When I got to Port-Harcourt and met with her, she gave me some herbs which I took until it was time for me to deliver. I paid her N2, 700.000 for triplets.

The only signs I have as a pregnant woman is my swollen tommy and legs which you can see, I still see my period sometimes. I have not gone to the hospital for scan, because the instruction given to me was that the scan will not be able to identify the babies in the womb.

On the day I was arrested by the police, Obi had invited me to Port-Harcourt for check-up, so she could ascertain if I am due for delivery. I went and she checked me, after that she said I was not due, that I have to wait for a little longer. But because it was late for me to travel back to Lagos that very day, she said I should pass the night at her house, I obliged, that was when the police came and arrested us. From what I am seeing right now, I don’t believe that I am pregnant despite my swollen tommy and legs.

Another victim, a 61 years old woman identified as Cecilia Adesope who has not had issues before, told newsmen that she was brought to Oby, by a woman still at large, who had told her Oby would be able to help her, she was asked to go to Port-harcourt for delivery, after she paid the sum of N1,500.000.

“When I got to Port-harcourt for delivery, which was after the pregnancy period, I was given something like a fish to chew, after I did, I felt like going to the toilet. When I got out of the toilet, I was asked to lie down and push with all my power, after that I heard cries of babies. I also noticed some blood on my private part, and was given a pad to use.

I did not go to the hospital during the pregnancy period, because I was instructed not to do so, as the hospital scan will not see the babies.

How I was arrested: when I returned to Lagos with my set of twin babies, I decided to take them to the hospital for inoculation injections. The hospital management must have suspected that I did not really give birth to the babies, because as we were waiting for the injection, the police came and arrested me.

Oby George’s story: The Port-Harcourt based 50-year old woman identified as the person that has been ‘helping women deliver children’ also gave her account of the part she played in Mama Cecilia Adesope’s case: “Cecilia was brought to me by one Mrs Okoro now at large, who has been treated, she pleaded with me to help her deliver a set of twin babies. That all her life she has not had any child of her own, that she is desperate.

Mrs Okoro told me that we should use my apartment since her husband was around and she does not want him to know about this issue. So I agreed and the sum of N1, 500.000 was paid into my account for the job. On her due date, she travelled down to Port-Harcourt and we all went to my place. I gave her some herbs to chew after which she went to the toilet, she got out, we asked her to lie down and push with all her might while I held her hands. At a point, we used a razor blade to give her some tear so that blood will come out, and make the whole thing look real. Mrs Okoro then brought the babies, whom she had arranged from somwhere, that was when Mama heard the cries of babies.

When asked how she met Mrs Okoro, Obi told newsmen that she knows Mrs Okoro very well, as both of them work together in ‘helping women deliver’.

Oby who told newsmen she has been in this business for over a year said she could not remember the number of children she had helped women deliver.

Also arraigned at the Police Command -Ikeja were some members of a notorious armed robbery gang. The gang was rounded up around 2am on the 16th of May, 2013; when members of the Police Anti -Robbery squad received information that a member of deadly member of an armed robbery gang who has been terrorizing residents of Lagos and neighbouring states, identified as Mustapha Owolabi a.k.a Gbebo, resides at Alagbado area of Lagos.

At the information, a team of crack SARS Operatives swung into action and arrested Mustapha, who on interrogation, confessed to series of armed robbery operations in Lagos and environ. He also disclosed that their operational arms are with their gang leader, one Murufu Aleba, now late who resides in Ifo town –Ogun state. The gang leadre’s house was raided around 3am, when all of a sudden, the deceased gang leader and two members of his gang, opened fire on SARS operatives, who equally retaliated.

The two casualties were rushed to Sango-Ota general hospital, where they were confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.

Consequently, “one F/No. 387951Cpl. Sunday Fafoluyi a.k.a OPC and the gang leader Morufu Alabe were fatally wounded; while two of the robbers scaled the fence and escaped. Two AK-47 riffles, seven AK-47 magazines fully loaded, one hundred and eighteen rounds of live Ak-47 riffle ammunition, three single barrel pistol and sixty live cartridges” were recovered from the house of the deceased gang member.

Source: Vanguard



Follow GistaNigeria on Twitter @GistaNigeria and Facebook GistaNigeria

Jokes & Humour | Free Forex Signals | Infotech Arena Tech News |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis