Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BusinessWoman Invests N2.3m in cocaine business


A 38-year-old woman, Ulomma Ezeji, says she invested N2.3m in buying cocaine with the hope of making a high profit when it is sold.

Ezeji made this confession to officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency after her arrest at the departure hall of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

She was caught with 645 grammes of cocaine hidden in her hand bag during the outward screening of passengers on a Turkish airline flight. The flight was Turkey-bound.

NDLEA Airport Commander, Mr. Hamza Umar, confirmed the arrest.

He said, “Ezeji was found in possession of powdery substance that tested positive to cocaine on her way to Turkey.

“We also gathered that she had invested N2.3m into the drug business in anticipation of making high profit. The drug, which was carefully hidden in her hand bag, was detected during screening of passengers.”

Ezeji, a native of Imo state, said she was convinced by her boyfriend to invest in drug trafficking because of the high profit in it.

She said, “I am a trader. I import ladies hand bags, shoes and clothes, but I make little profit in my business. My boyfriend told me that I can make four times my capital in one successful drug deal.

“He has been persuading me for long. I decided to give it a trial to expand my capital base. I invested N2.3m in the deal.

“Somebody was to receive the drug in Turkey and give me my share of the money with which I had planned to buy goods in France.”

NDLEA Chairman, Mr. Ahmadu Giade, said that those who wished to make money from drug trafficking would end up like Ezeji.

He said, “The agency is not oblivious of the tricks employed by drug traffickers. As the end of the year approaches, we are prepared to counter all plans of drug cartels. Anyone planning to smuggle drugs in anticipation of becoming rich will only end up in prison.”



Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis