Thursday, June 26, 2014

"I'm not a thief, I'm catholic" ex-bank PHB MD standing trial says


Francis Atuche, the former Managing Director of the defunct Bank PHB now Keystone Bank, who is standing trial for allegedly embezzling N25.7 billion from Bank PHB told Justice Lateefat Okunnu of an Ikeja High court today June 25th during cross examination that he's never stolen in his life as he is a devout Catholic.

"I am a Catholic. I cannot be a thief. I was baptised in the church and before I left primary school, I have started receiving Holy Communion which I do every day. I cannot receive Holy Communion when I am not in the state of grace. I cannot be a thief because God has been gracious to me,’’
 he said.

Atuche and his wife Elizabeth are both facing theft charges. Atuche is accused of usinge bank funds to set up companies using other people as fronts. One of such companies is Platinum Oil and Gas Ltd.

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Test Your Internet SPEED and Get SUPER Fast Internet,

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis