Saturday, June 11, 2011

Police arrest eight-man robbery suspects

Last month, a suspected leader of a notorious robbery gang identified as Charles Okon, was arrested. The 34-year-old suspect from Cross Rivers state was apprehended following a confessional statement by his girlfriend, Miriam, who was arrested earlier, with arms and ammunition at Amukoko garage, on her way to Koko Delta state, for a robbery operation by her boyfriend’s gang. Although Charles who fled to Ghana to avoid being arrested , but could not get over the temptation of robing as he stormed Nigeria again, where he carried out a robbery operation at Our Lady of Fatimah Catholic Church, Sururlere , carting away several Millions and other valuables.

Charles, as gathered met his waterloo at Tin-Can first gate while sharing the loots from the church with other members of his gang, with the sum of N7Million recovered from him, while his colleagues managed to escape.

The good news however, is that other members of the eight man gang have been arrested by Policemen attached to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Lagos State Police Command. The suspects according to spokesman of the Command, Mr Samuel Jinadu were arrested at different areas of the state. Charles according to him, “ divulged all he knew about his gang and the police worked on his information which materialized into the arrest of his colleagues. He spoke to them as if they were friends.. The phone numbers he gave to us were working and the names, addresses and descriptions he provided were all accurate. I don’t think he held back any thing.” He said. His confessional statement led to the arrest of the followings; Godwin Dams, Chima Okuchibike, , Muniran Ilegiumo, Richard Ogodo and he confessed to have carried out over forty operations”

For one of the suspects, 29-year-old Godwin Adams, he claimed to have joined the gang out of frustration, following his deportation from Germany.

Hear him: “Before I traveled to Germany, I met Charles at Tin-can Island Port. Then,he told me he was a clearing agent and I told him how badly I needed a job. After hanging out with him for a long time and we did not get anything meaningful, he opened up to me that he was an armed robber and would want me to join his gang. I had no option because I was in dire need of money to fend for my self and my family. I joined his gang and started going on operations with them. My first operation with his gang was at a company in Ikeja, where we took large sum of money. But I was given only N30, 000 because I was new. We also robbed a shopping plaza at Ajah area and many other places.

When I made enough money, I traveled out of the country to Germany. But I was intercepted by the immigration over there and thrown into a refugee camp where I stayed for nine months before I was repatriated to Nigeria . On getting home, I continued from where I stopped with members of my gang. I did not know that the police were everywhere looking for me over my previous exploits, until I was arrested”, he said.

On the part of Richard Ogodo, an Ordinary National Diploma holder, from the Ondo state Polytechnic, he confessed to have taken part in four robbery operations with the gang while in school. He disclosed that he used the money realized from the operations to train himself in school. According to him, “ My plan was to use it to at least get a HND before I would quit because I am from a poor background” But at a point, he broke down in tears , begging those he might have disappointed particularly his parents, to forgive him for dragging the family’s name on the mud.


Daily Jokes | Free Forex Signals | Ibadan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis