Thursday, June 27, 2013

My Victims’re American Single Ladies – Internet Fraudster

A 400-level microbiology undergraduate of Imo State University, Uche Chibuzor, has described how he has been defrauding American women by promising to marry them.

Chibuzor, who was paraded before newsmen by the spokesperson, Special Fraud Unit (SFU), Milverton Road, Ikoyi, Lagos, Mrs Ngozi Isintume-Agu, on Tuesday, allegedly said he targetted single mothers desparate for a marriage partner.

He said: “I always go after American single ladies for marriage on a pretext to rip them off.

“I usually go after those between the ages of 45 and 50 because most of them are desperate for marriage. Most of them are single parents, but either divorced or separated and looking for men to marry.

“I use another person’s picture who is older than me because I am young - I am 22 years old - while I claim to be 49 years and my victims prefer someone who is of this age.

Chibuzor further said that he also claimed he was a single father, with a daughter, who came home (Lagos, Nigeria), but was stranded and needed a lifeline to return to the US.

“On the other hand, I often claim my daughter was involved in a road mishap, and you know these Americans - they are nice and they usually take pity. That was how I have been able to rip them off through the internet fraud,” he said.

“When I started I was using cybercafes in my area, Fadeyi Street, Ikeja, Lagos because the practice is very popular among the youths there. It was thereafter I bought my own laptop computer set and an internet modem of one of the telecommunication providers to be operating at home,” he said.
According to the spokesperson, following a petition via a website from one Amelia Brosick, a US citizen, dated April 16, 2013, it was alleged that Chibuzor, who claimed to be Devon Miles, defrauded her of the sum of $16,439 through different tactics on a dating site sometime in June 2012 under a guise of dating her for marriage .
Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis