Sunday, April 13, 2014

My Wife Does Bikini Lap Dance For Me — Owen Gee



Owen Osemwegie, a.k.a Owen Gee, is a comedian. Married to Moyosore, they share the secret of their six-year-old union

When did you meet him?

Moyosore: We met in 1996. He was a student of Yaba College of Technology while I was in SS3. But we lived in the same neighbourhood. We met through a mutual friend.

How did your interest in her develop?

Owen: She was a young, attractive lady. I saw her from afar and liked her. Since my friend also knew her, I asked him to introduce us and he did. For a long time she would not give me audience and this was a lot of stress for me. I kept going to her place but was left outside each time. When she came, she would tell me to give her a few minutes and I would sit down there for two hours. Then, she would not show up. I would leave but return again. I kept going until she started giving me three to four minutes’ attention which developed into 10 minutes, 15 minutes and one hour. She agreed to give me a trial and we promised ourselves then that we were going to get married. We have never regretted being together. We know each other very well and we complement each other perfectly. She has been my friend for 18 years and has watched me develop in the entertainment industry.

Moyosore: I realised that he was the kind of person I really wanted to be with.

What happened to the person you were dating before you met?

Owen: I had broken up with the lady then. She got admission before me and felt I was no longer good enough for her.

Moyosore: I was not dating anybody. I just had a male friend I could talk to.

How many years have you been married?

Moyosore: We have been married for six years.

Does it not feel boring waking up with the same person every morning?

Moyosore: No. The interest builds up every morning. He does a lot of things to keep my interest going.

Owen: She cannot be bored. First of all, I usually don’t see her when I wake up in the morning. She sleeps and wakes before me every day. I have never slept before her, even when I am sick because I don’t sleep earlier than 2am. I like the quietness of the night. Secondly, I am a very funny person. We also do a lot of crazy things together. We could decide to go to one joint, have pepper soup and drink and make fun of ourselves for doing that as well as gossip about other people who came to the joint for the same purpose. We gossip a lot. Sometimes, she accompanies me when I go to see clients. The way we live our lives, even our children know when we need time to ourselves. We take trips outside the country together. We do a lot of talking and always come to an agreement. It is hard for us to quarrel. There are no secrets between us. If I have intention of talking to any girl, I will tell her.

Have you ever been tempted to date another lady?

Owen: I get tempted every day.

Do you fall sometimes?

Owen: No. My willpower is very strong.

Have you ever imagined him cheating on you?

Moyosore: No. I know him very well and we grew up together. We do a lot of things together. The thought has never crossed my mind.

Owen: I have nothing to hide. My life is like an open book. If I say I am going somewhere, that is where I will go to and I will return at the exact time I promised to return.

Moyosore: I check his phones all the time. I have access to all his social media accounts. I check his phones virtually every day.

Why do you do that?

Moyosore: I want to know what is going on in the industry and in his life. When I see anything curious, he will explain it to me. If a woman is wooing him, I will jokingly tell him to accept if the woman has money.

What is the experience of being married to Owen Gee?

Moyosore: He is just normal Owen Gee. He was not Owen Gee when we met. He was just an ordinary man.

What little things cause quarrels between you?

Moyosore: He and the kids like to take tea every morning. We quarrel over milk. Since he takes tea every day, I may not notice that he had used up all the milk and it is difficult to buy beverages in the estate where we live. When he is ready to take tea and there is no milk, he starts frowning and grumbling around the house.

Owen: Tea soothes me. I don’t drink or smoke, therefore, tea is one thing I like a lot. Also, if I put something somewhere, I want to come back and meet it where I put it. She knows this very well, and makes sure nobody touches it.

Do you share house chores?

Owen: No. I don’t do chores. I don’t even fold my clothes, she does everything. If she is too tired, I will hire somebody to do them. I cannot cook. I don’t know the position of anything in the kitchen. I have only just recently mastered the art of warming food with microwave. But I know how to wash the toilet. It is my hobby. It gives me pleasure to see the white sparkling bathroom tiles.

Moyosore: He only puts finishing touches to some things around the house. House chores is what I enjoy doing.

Tell me about your first romantic gesture

Owen: There was never a first romantic gesture because we did not know it was going to happen. She was not the type of person I needed to buy something for to prove my interest. But everything we do now is romantic. We are the most playful couple alive; we do things that sometimes shock even our friends. She still gives me a bikini lap dance and I will hail and shout as if I am in a strip club. It will be difficult for me to go outside to look for a lap dancer.

What do you both have a passion for?

Owen: We love football and travelling. We also love to look good. Our taste in food is different. I like rice and she loves eba and okro soup. She likes traditional music while I am a fan of hip-pop. I don’t drive her car and she does not drive mine because of the music. If I am going out with her, I go in her car and we tune on the radio.

Moyosore: We don’t watch the same programmes. I love watching crime and investigation but he hates the programme.

What advice do you have for young couples?

Moyosore: They should get to know each other very well before going into marriage. They should also tolerate each other.

Owen: I always tell people that marriage is not a four unit course. It is also not an examination that they are looking for the student with the highest scores. It is a thing of the heart. Anything you would not do to hurt yourself, don’t do it to your partner. Both of you are working towards the same goal. It is not a question about who knows best. Everything is a learning process; every day is a honeymoon. As long as you don’t continue claiming to be a king or a wise man, things will work out fine. There should also be complete tolerance involved.


Culled From Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis