Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Man, 51, arrested with 3.870kg drug at MMIA


Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has arrested Osun state born 51 year old Odeyemi Ademola Ayodeji for being in possession of 3.870kg of suspected Methamphetamine worth over N2.4 million.

Odeyemi, who hid the illegal substance inside a white transparent polythene inside his luggage containing soup ingredients(crayfish, melon) was arrested during the outward screening of passengers on a Kenyan Airways flight at the Muritala Mohammed International Airport.

When he was arrested, Odeyemi said he was neck deep in debt which forced him to venture into this illegal business and said that he had tried it before

"I am owing people. I couldn’t sleep because of debts. I have two wives. But the first one left to live with her parents because of my condition. I would have made a profit of $15,000 (N2.4 million) had I succeeded in selling the drug in Nairobi. I intended paying my debts and start a business with the money realized.” he saidDescribing the illegal drug, NDLEA Airport Commander, Hamza Umar said

“Methamphetamine often called ice or meth is a crystal-like powdered substance that sometimes comes in large rock-like chunks. It is odourless, bitter and dissolves easily in water or alcohol.”

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis