Thursday, June 12, 2014

Kwankwaso tackles Jonathan over Sanusi

Kano State Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso has accused President Goodluck Jonathan of “causing crisis” that followed the appointment of a former Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Mallam Lamido Sanusi, as the Emir of Kano.

Kwankwaso said it was worrisome that Jonathan was meddling in the affair of the state, adding that he (Jonathan) had no business with Sanusi’s appointment.

Writing on his Twitter page on Wednesday, the governor said his government followed the same process which his counterpart in Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo, used in appointing the Emir of Gombe.

He therefore wondered why the President was stoking crisis in the state and accused him of plotting an “agenda which is not good for this country.”

The governor said it was a known fact that the Jonathan administration had enough security challenges which it should focus its attention on.

He specifically advised the President to find the over 200 schoolgirls abducted on April 14 instead of sending policemen to lay siege to the emir’s palace.

The message on Kwankwaso’s Twitter page was also posted on the Facebook page of his Director of Press and Public Relations, Baba Dantiye.

The governor, who granted interviews to some media houses, said he was elated that nobody had so far questioned Sanusi’s eligibility or the fact that “he is also royally blooded.”

He said, “Mr. President doesn’t seem to know where his power starts and where it stops. The appointment of an emir is purely a state affair. I am happy to say that nobody has questioned the eligibility of the new emir.

“They did not even fault or question the process. We are happy because he is well educated and exposed both nationally and internationally. What business has the Federal Government with the appointment of the Emir of Kano.

“If there is Emir of Nigeria, let him go and appoint him. My feeling is that they have more than enough security problems, especially finding the Chibok girls than sending police to go and block the Emir of Kano’s palace just because of Sanusi.”

Arguing that the President had been instructing his “supporters and stooges” to unleash mayhem on the state, he lamented that the protesters had begun destroying government property.

He added that Jonathan should be held responsible if attempts were made on his life.

“I have told my friends, and people of Kano, other Nigerians and indeed the international community to hold Jonathan responsible for whatever happens to Kwankwaso, his family or even the people of Kano State,” the governor added.

The police had deployed additional team of riot policemen in the palace, as the siege to the palatial official residence of the traditional ruler of the Kano Emirate entered its fourth day on Wednesday.

The deployment, The PUNCH gathered, followed the action of some youths, who on hearing rumours that the appointment of Alhaji Sanusi Lamido as the new emir had be cancelled trooped to the streets jubilating on Tuesday night.

The youth were said to be from Mandawari, Gwale, Kofar Nassarawa in the old Kano city.

Sources said the policemen were deployed to beef up security and block movements into the palace, which is now to be occupied by Sanusi, who was on Monday named the successor of the late Emir, Alhaji Ado Bayero.

Since he was appointed, he has been operating from the state Government House, Kano, where he has received many prominent personalities, including governors and business chieftains.

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Test Your Internet SPEED and Get SUPER Fast Internet,

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...