Saturday, February 23, 2013

10 Killed In Plateau Community



Ten people were reportedly killed while two others sustained gunshot injuries during a night raid in Kogom village of Vwang District, Jos South local government area of Plateau State.

LEADERSHIP WEEKEND learnt that the victims, who were identified as Jacob, Luka, Dawang, Benjamin and Blessing, Naomi, Dachomo, Ayuba, Aaron and Rachel, were members of the family of one Mr. Musa Iza.The attackers, suspected to be Fulani herdsmen, according to an eyewitness, were over 30, and invaded the village at 9 pm, shooting at everything on sight.

A survivor of the incident, who identified himself as Musa, told our correspondent that the attackers wore black clothes with military helmets.

“It was at 9 pm. I just finished eating my dinner when I heard sporadic gunshots behind my room. The door was still open, so I quickly moved out and raised the alarm, but we were helpless because there were no military checkpoints close to us.

“I heard one of the attackers say, ‘I am Sani, I have come to kill you.’ And they started shooting. Before we could realise the mess we were in, they had killed four of my younger ones and six others,” Musa stated.

In a swift reaction to the incident, special adviser to Governor Jonah Jang on Media and Publicity, Hon. Ayuba Pam, who was at the scene of the attack, described the incident as barbaric, and stressed that government would not rest in the search for lasting peace in the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis