Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ideye puts Eagles ahead of personal glory


Nigerian striker Brown Ideye says he is not bothered by his low goal ratio for the Super Eagles, insisting that the team’s success was his priority. Ideye forged a potent strike force with AFCON 2013 top scorer, Emmanuel Emenike, in South Africa but the former Sochaux forward could only manage a goal in six matches during the tournament.
The former Flying Eagles striker said, “I would rather play for Eagles to succeed than to be desperate for goals. The coaching crew knows my impact in the team, though the goals may not have been coming as expected. But I am a team player.

“I won’t be under pressure to score goals, rather I will keep seeking for Eagles glory. The coach knows my ability in the team and I think that is why I am still in his plan.

“Sometimes things do not go the way you plan. I want to score in every game I play for Nigeria but maybe I have not got it right yet.”

Follow GistaNigeria on Twitter @GistaNigeria and Facebook GistaNigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis