Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Wife Checks My Phone, Please Separate Us Before She Kills Me – Husband Wants 13-yr-Old Marriage Dissolved

An Orile Agege Customary Court in Lagos, Lagos State, has dissolved a 13-year-old marriage between Mosuru Faronbi and his wife, Adijat, on grounds of threat to life and incessant fighting.

The judge, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, held that the marriage had broken down irreparably. Omilola said: “Starting from today, you cease to be addressed as husband and wife, you shall go your separate ways and maintain peace.

“The custody of the children is hereby referred to Ikeja Family Court for final decision. But in the interim, they should remain with their mother.

“The father shall be responsible for the education and medical bills of the children and should also pay N10,000 to the woman,’’ he said.

Mosuru, on Deceber 19, 2013, urged the court to dissolve his marriage to Adijat whom he alleged was always fighting him and threatening his life.

Forty-year-old Mosuru, a carpenter, who resides at 42, Oluwole Olaniyi Street, Orile Agege, Lagos State, accused 35-year-old Adijat of always fighting him and causing him public embarrassment.

“My wife is in the habit of checking my phone whenever I return from work, and if she sees any strange number, she starts fighting me.

“She is very troublesome and will always curse and embarrass me in public anytime we have a little misunderstanding.

“She doesn’t have respect for my family; she abuses my mother and always threatens to beat any of my younger ones if they come to our home.

“Her behaviour made me find solace in another woman. Please separate us before she kills me,’’ Mosuru prayed the court.

Adijat, a petty trader, who lives at 42, New Era Street, Alimosho, Lagos State, did not deny the allegations, but pleaded with the court not to grant her husband’s request.

“I did all because my husband chases everything in skirt. The worst is that he’s having an affair with my best friend.

“He left the house since last year to an unknown place and I am sure he’s living in a woman’s house.

“I am not ready to leave him because of my children,” she said.




Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis