Saturday, May 24, 2014

‘My Wife Beats Me Everyday’ -75yr-old Divorce Seeking Husband Tells Court

A 75-year-old man, Mr Fashola Fakorede, has urged a customary court in Igando, Lagos State, to end his marriage to his wife, 49-year-old Funke Fakorede who, he said, has turned him into a punching bag.

Fashola said his wife constantly beats him and inflicts injuries all over his body.

“My wife wants to kill me. She beats me everyday. I don’t want to die now, please save my life. She beats me if I ask for food or anything at all. All the scars on my body are as a result of her beatings,’’ he said.

Fashola said his wife no longer took care of him, adding that she left home and returned without his permission.

“ She can go out for days and if I asked where she had been, she would hit me with any weapon she can lay her hands on at that moment.

“My daughter is also taking after her. She brings home different men and my wife will not caution her. I therefore sent her out of my house,’’ he said.

Fashola urged the court to dissolve the union, stating that he was no longer in love with Funke and was tired of the beatings which had led to his being ill.

“I’m tired of the constant beatings, I’m afraid this woman will kill me one day. I’m not ready to die now,’’ he said.

Funke, a trader, however, denied the allegations. She told the court she didn’t beat her husband and has always taken good care of him.

The mother of three, however, accused her husband of denying the children the right to education.

“My husband is irresponsible. He has failed to send our children to secondary school. They all stopped at the primary level,’’ she said.

She added that her husband had disowned his daughter, and urged the court not to grant his wish as she still loved him.

“I have nowhere to go as no man will want to marry me at my age,” she said

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis