Thursday, May 15, 2014

Prof Dora Akunyili begins treatment in India


Ailing ex-minister of Information and former NAFDAC boss, Prof Dora Akunyili who reportedly left for India on Sunday May 11th after her health deteriorated, is said to have started her treatment.

According to a statement she released through her Media Advisor, Mr. Isaac Umunna, Prof. Akunyili expressed gratitude for the outpouring of prayers and goodwill towards her since the information of her deteriorating health emerged on Sunday. The statement reads in part;



"I am touched – indeed, overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and affection by my fellow countrymen and women, as well as numerous other well wishers around the world, many of whom have not only been praying for me but have also been mobilising through the various social networks for God’s healing hands to come upon me. I am confident that Almighty God will hear our prayers and grant me quick recovery. I love you all and pray that Almighty God blesses you all."Akunyili left for India in company of her husband, Dr Chike Akunyili. She is said to be responding well to treatment.

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis