Monday, May 19, 2014

United appoint Louis van Gaal as manager

Louis van Gaal

Football’s worst kept secret at the moment is finally out.

Louis van Gaal has been appointed as Manchester United manager after signing a three-year deal while Ryan Giggs has been confirmed as his assistant.

The Holland coach will officially start work at Old Trafford in July after his commitments at the World Cup are over.

Louis van Gaal said: “It was always a wish for me to work in the Premier League. To work as a manager for Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, makes me very proud.”

“I have managed in games at Old Trafford before and know what an incredible arena Old Trafford is and how passionate and knowledgeable the fans are. This club has big ambitions; I too have big ambitions. Together I’m sure we will make history,” added Van Gaal.

Ryan Giggs said: “I am thrilled to have the chance to serve as assistant manager. Louis van Gaal is a world-class coach and I know I will learn a lot about coaching from being able to observe and contribute at such close quarters. Manchester United has been a huge part of my life and I’m delighted to be able to continue that relationship in such a key role.”

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis