Thursday, March 20, 2014

`My Wife Attacks Me Whenever I Ask Her for Food’


Mohammed Alao of Amilegbe Area, Ilorin, Kwara, on Thursday told an Ilorin Area Court that his wife, Aminat Alao, attacked him whenever he asked for food.

He, therefore, prayed the court to dissolve the three-year-old marriage with his wife over her quarrelsome attitude. “My wife always grabs me and squeezes my cloth just because I asked her for food and as well shout on me to get out her sight if I don’t want trouble,” he said.

The 43-year-old man told the court that the trouble emanated on June 14, 2013, when his wife refused to cook for him and their only child.

He told the court that their marriage was contracted in 2011 and had produced a female child, Memunat.

“My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I am scared of my wife due to her uncontrollable aggression,” said the plaintiff.

The defendant denied the allegation levied against her by her husband.

“It was a mistake that I grabbed him and it was not my intention to disrespect my husband,” she said.

Aminat told the court that she refused to cook for the family because her husband did not provide money for her to prepare the food.

She prayed the court not to grant the prayer of the plaintiff, saying she was still interested in the marriage.

The Presiding Officer, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to April 2 for a report of settlement and continuation of hearing. (NAN)


Top Stories Last Week

Follow GistaNaija on Twitter @GistaNaija and Facebook GistaNigeria

Weird Stories | Weight Loss & Fitness Tips |Small Business Guide | Infotech Arena Tech News

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add A Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis